Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coast to Coast Complete!!

After my return to Warrenton, Virginia, reality set in and I realized that I had a very small window of opportunity left to complete the coast to coast segment of my trip. A quick check of the calendar revealed to me that the Highland volleyball season and teacher workdays were upon me. I jumped back on the bicycle Friday, August 15, and headed South. On Saturday, August 16, I eased the front tire into the salty waters. Lise met me there and after a celebratory meal, we headed home.

Thanks again to all of you that have supported my adventure and supplied lots of needed encouragement.

6 comments:

Lise said...

Yea, Buddy!!! You done good!!! It's quite the accomplishment.

Love,
Me

Flavia said...

Dear Gary!!
Sorry I couldn´t write you before!! i was too busy in college!! so may things to do and exanms are comming very soon!! but I´m so glad tha at least you are at home safe and sound with the ones you were anxious to see you and love you! It´s going to be such a wonderful story to tell, and I´ll can´t wait to hear from you in real person! It takes so much strengh, not only fisical but psicological,and you had both!
Lots of love
miss you grumpy!HIHIHI

Gammer Gurton said...

Congratulations, Gary! It's been fun for us to follow you on your journey. We're very glad you're safely home.

Jules and Pat

Out of Bounds said...

Well Done!

Gammer Gurton said...

Happy anniversary!

Robert Hampton said...

Gary,

This was a tremendous achievement.