Monday, June 23, 2008

West Yellowstone's Finest!

Along the West Yellowstone strip, next to the Conoco Gas Station, lies one of West Yellowstone's finest motels, the Ho-Hum. It's owner, Bernadette, aka "Bernie" is a legend in this area. She is a no-nonsense lady! When I inquired a second time about the direction that I should follow to my quarters, she responded very matter-of-factly, " the way I pointed!" The Ho-Hum boasts the fact that they recently installed electric baseboard heat in some of their newer units! I had the corner room, next to the street and sidewalk, Room # 0 (zero).

3 comments:

margy said...

Gary & Lise-
No worries, we'll take care of them. All the best!!!
The Easthams

Diana said...

Gary,
It was good talking to you while you were in Missoula. I know you felt at home since we go there so often. I hope that you have met up with Lise and didn't make her stay in this place. I know her style and this is not it! Hope you are having fun and not killing her on the bike. She isn't as saddle worn as you. Enjoy your time together and I will talk to you again soon. Keep pedaling and know we are thinking about you daily.
Love,
Diana

Susan Lewis said...

Hi Gary - have been LOVING your site and following your adventure - how beautiful - just fantastic. Will look forward to welcoming Lise home and even hope to spend the night with your girls sometime in July. So, I guess you will soon be about half-way. Whoa-the state of your butt! Love you lots, Susie Lewis